The power lies in the sun
Using solar cells and solar panels, with legacy or storage technologies is an effective way for every building structure or designated open space to produce energy in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way. Producing silicon wafers is a multistep process that demands use of industrial cameras. High resolutions in tandem with high frame rates support rapid and error-free production.
For solar panels to maintain their performance over many years, the contacts and casing must be of the highest quality – just like the SVS-Vistek cameras, which are often used in this process.
That's what matters
- Sensors with NIR sensitivity
Defects in solar panels (e.g. in the contact area) are often detected in the NIR range. Instead of expensive IR cameras with a low resolution, a sensor with a optimized NIR yield often makes more sense.
- Higher resolution makes sense
Small defects in one panel may influence the performance of several panels depending on how they are linked to each other. The detection of small defects requires an inspection camera with a higher resolution
Typical fields of application & suitable cameras
Solar panel inspection
HR - resolution is king
- Top resolutions up to 120 MP with CMOS and CCD sensors
- High end sensors from Sony, CANON and On Semi
- Fast interfaces (Dual GigE, Camera Link HS, CoaXPress 6 4-line)
- Outstanding image quality parameters (homogeneity, dynamic range)